Thursday, February 26, 2015

Love Refocused on Cold Nights...Hot Reads #bloghop #newrelease #contest

Welcome to the Cold Nights...Hot Reads blog hop! Today, I'm talking about small town living. Check out what I love about it and why I chose a rural town for the setting of my Sander's Valley series, then enter my contest!

~~~~~~~

I love small towns and rural living. There’s just something enticing about the atmosphere that’s found in area where everybody knows everybody. Sure, there’s the disadvantage of never being able to escape your mistakes, but even in those cases, sometimes it’s a good thing. People won’t let you forget where you went wrong, so you’re less likely to make the same choices again. Unless of course, you just don’t care. In that case, you’ve given the townspeople a source of conversation that doesn’t involve the weather. J

For me, though, there’s a certain comfort in knowing someone is keeping tabs on me, even if it’s only for gossip. I remember a few years back, there was an elderly women who lived nearby who escaped a potentially life-threatening situation because the other neighbors on the block “kept an eye on things.” This lady always went to the grocery store on Tuesday mornings after her favorite talk show. One day, she didn’t. The clerk at the store noticed and called her. When she didn’t answer, another neighbor went to check on her and discovered she’d fallen. I don’t personally have a life or death example to share. It’s the little things I appreciate—making sure my kids got on the bus, shoveling my driveway when my husband isn’t home, and picking up my mail.

Another thing I love about small towns is the willingness to help each other. From fundraisers to the casseroles that are given out when people are sick or grieving—it’s the sense of community that can’t be beat. People care. It’s simple and profound, and I’m grateful for it. So as I was plotting my Sander’s Valley series it seemed natural to write about a small town.

When thinking about the dynamics of how small town living can affect a relationship, there’s dozens of possible ways to approach a love story. For the Sander’s Valley series, I chose four different scenarios for each of the Sander brothers—love that’s repeated, refocused, reevaluated and reawakened.

So, what do love most about your hometown, whether it’s a small rural town like Sander’s Valley or a big city?

~~~~~~~

Sander’s Valley, 2
Wyn Sander is surprised when his brother Kyle asks him to be best man at his wedding. Wyn’s even more shocked to learn the woman who later walks into his garage is Ronnie’s half-sister, Iona. He’s instantly attracted to her. She’s sophisticated, beautiful, and confident. At least she is until Wyn stands up. She flinches and a look of terror passes over her face. It bothers him to see. Luckily, desire replaces it, but it doesn’t stop Wyn’s curiosity. For the first time in his life, he wants to find out what made Iona fearful and fix it. 
Iona can’t believe her luck. The man she lusts after is her new sister’s soon to be brother-in-law. The kiss they share shatters her, but her attempt to stop any involvement with him ends up with her agreeing to three dates. She decides Wyn is unlike any man she’s ever known, and it’s unfortunate she can’t enjoy him. She isn’t in the market for a boyfriend. All she wants is sex. The only problem is—she doesn’t think Wyn sees things her way.


Excerpt (PG-13)

The chimes over the door sounded, pulling him out of his thoughts and announcing a customer, except business hours had ended an hour ago. Only one person he could think of who’d walk in: Kyle.

“If you’re back to beg me to come eat your girl’s sad attempt at dinner, you can forget it. Last time I ate the crap she made, I had the shits for days.”

A woman’s giggle answered him.

The wrench he held slipped from his hand. The clank reverberated in the garage and mixed with the click of heels. He inwardly cursed. Way to impress, jackass. Then again, he didn’t have anyone to impress. Like his older brothers, he’d worked his way through the county’s available women. He’d only accomplished the feat in half the time they had.

“Next time, try Pepto-Bismol. It works wonders.”

The woman’s heavily accented voice wrapped around him and tightened his body. He couldn’t place where she was from, but the rich cadence sounded both rough and sensual. A quick peek showed a pair of open-toed, high-heeled shoes on either side of his hips. Pink nail polish covered the nails of delicate toes he had the sudden urge to nibble on. He let his gaze travel higher. Lightly tanned skin stretched over muscled calves he wouldn’t mind licking either.

His cock thickened.

He slid the rolling platform from beneath the truck. The woman didn’t move. His chest ended up between her spread legs. He swept his gaze over her thin but shapely thighs to the frayed denim cutoffs that barely covered her ass. Right above the waistband, a small rose tattoo partially showed. The sight of it there acted as a lure. He wanted to peel her shorts off to see the rest of the design.

He forced his gaze higher before he gave in to the urge. A plaid midriff shirt was tied in a loose knot under her boobs. Her breasts matched the rest of her delicate frame, but they’d give him enough to suckle on. Or nibble on. Or hell, cushion his head when he fell asleep in her arms. Oh yeah, they were perfect.

The longer he stared, the quicker her chest rose and fell. He couldn’t stop his grin from spreading if he tried. Having a hot woman drool over him was the biggest damn turn-on a guy could get.
She placed a hand on her hip. “Do you like what you see?”

Buy links

AMAZON

Publisher

ARe

B&N

KOBO

 Contest!!

For my website only, enter the Rafflecopter for a chance to win:

a Rafflecopter giveaway  

For the blog hop, enter the Rafflecopter:

a Rafflecopter giveaway
 

Scroll down to return to the hop.

 

Social Media Links




Pinterest (I’m a very visual person. I love to PIN.)

Facebook Friend (friend or follow me)

Amazon page (Add me to your favorites or like me.)






Author Bio


A true romantic at heart, Nancy Corrigan is convinced there’s a knight in shining armor for every woman (or man), but you won’t find damsels in distress in her stories. She adores pairing alpha heroes with women strong enough to match them and bring them to their knees. She also enjoys flipping the traditional roles in romances because her motto is—love and people should never be forced to conform to anyone’s norm.
She holds a degree in chemistry and has worked in research but now focuses on ensuring quality. She considers it the perfect outlet for her as she’s the first to admit she has some OCD tendencies. It carries over into her writing life too. While engrossed in a novel, she has a habit of forgetting to eat and sleep. Fortunately, she’s married to her own knight in shining armor who understands her oddities and loves her anyway. They reside in Pennsylvania with their three children, dog, snake and guinea pigs. Her other interests include tattoos, animals, classic cars and all things spooky and sexy.
 

Return to the hop: Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...



22 comments:

  1. Love the cover, it really catches the eye. I enjoyed living in a small town, even though they knew all your business, if you ever needed help someone was right there. Miss that now.
    skpetal at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean! It is nice having people around who care about your family. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. 'Love that is repeated, refocused, re-evaluated and reawakened'---what an amazing way to put your books in one short sentence...love that, sincerely! I love feeling comfortable in a small town and the connections made with people in many different ways, through school functions for my kids, volunteering, neighbors,etc. The way people come together to assist someone in need even if they don't know them. Someone is always setting up a cooking list for anyone who needs it due to illness or other problems. There is nothing like it. Small towns are great! smclement5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan!! I'm happy you liked the hook! With how crazy the world can be now, it's nice to have extra connections, just in case. Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  3. Your hometown sounds wonderful. I live in a gated community in Florida and it's like a small town with a great atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some people who live in gated communities too, and you're right. They are little towns onto themselves.

      Delete
  4. I forgot to add my email.
    laurellasky@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love small town living. I moved from a huge city to a town wit one stoplight and I would never go back.
    Amhart602 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, Alyssa ;-) Big cities have their pluses, but for where I am in my life, it works (for me.)

      Delete
  6. I live in a small community, sometimes it is a pain like when I was a teenager and got caught by the cops in the end of a hollar (that's what we call them) with my boyfriend and my mom found out before I got home, embarrassing! But it has advantages too, now I know everything about any girl my son dates! Karma, wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL-Rebecca! I can relate :) The first question I ask about a boy or girl that my kids mention is, what's their last name?

      Delete
  7. I like the book cover it's beautiful. My favorite dessert is chocolate cheesecake.

    jmesparza821 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, yes, very yummy! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I love the familiarity of my hometown, knowing where the good places to eat or shop are, and my favorite dessert is chocolate cherry cheesecake, although a nice dessert crepe runs a close second. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds heavenly right now, E.L. F.! Now I'm hungry :-) Good luck and thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  9. Small towns can be nice, but everyone does know your business! Loved the excerpt and the book cover. My Dad is from a very small town, but growing up for me was being a military brat. Now I live in a mid size town, that is mostly tourist. I love living out in the country. Thanks for being part of the blog hop, I rad every single day and hops are a great way to meet new and interesting authors. Joined your newsletter. Kathy Watts Redrabbitt@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Favorite Dessert: Any kind of pie! LOL and if hubby is going to be out of town for several days, I make Tapioca pudding and eat, he doesn't like it!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for signing up and for the kind words, Kathy! Moving around a lot must've been hard, but exciting too in that you got to meet lots of new people.
      Glad you could stop by!

      Delete
  10. I grew up in a town where the main street was simply known as "The Boulevard" and had a hardware store, a lumberyard, a feed and grain, a bait and tackle, and an old fashioned, waitresses on rollerskates A&W Root Beer and Burgers. You couldn't go anywhere without everyone stopping to chat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's awesome, Kelly! Roller skates :-) I can picture it perfectly. I love it! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  11. I grew up in a little, tiny coastal town in NC, and at the time, I hated it. I could never get away with anything. The entire town was one over involved family. As an adult, I value that and miss that sense of connection.

    ReplyDelete